RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation OF Adults
Being Catholic….What’s it all about?
- Are you in search of a deeper relationship with God?
- Are you interested in learning about the Catholic Faith?
- Were you baptized in the Catholic Church, but never received Holy Communion or Confirmation?
- Were you baptized in another faith, but wish to become a member of the Catholic Church?
- Have you been attending the Catholic Church for years, but just never “gotten around” to joining?
- Would you like to be baptized?
St. Michael Catholic Community offers an opportunity to help you answer these questions and more. It is called the RCIA, or the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
Classes for 2017 – 2018 have begun. Now is the time to join us! The classes are relaxed and informational, providing an atmosphere where you can ask questions, discuss beliefs and discern if the Catholic faith is what you have been missing in your life. For basic information or to set up an appointment to discuss your particular situation, contact Deacon Franz Hoffer, at 586-247-0020. We welcome all inquiries and would love to talk to you!
Are you searching? For God, for community, for peace? St. Augustine stated that our hearts are restless until they rest in God. Could it be that you are searching for a place to belong?
If you are an adult seeking Baptism, Confirmation, or Eucharist or are just searching, we would like to talk with you about the RCIA. It is a process the Catholic Church has for adults to become fully initiated members.
The RCIA consists of:
· Meeting with other inquirers to pray and share questions and concerns of faith.
· Sharing and reflecting on our life experiences with others.
· Learning about the tradition and history of the Catholic Church, while experiencing our beliefs and worship.
· Being connected to a community that worships together, seeks to serve others and joins in fellowship.
We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your situation and your needs. Please call the parish office at 586-247-0020.